Welcome to our list of the best options trading podcasts: 2023 edition. Options trading podcasts are a great way to learn about the latest trends and strategies in the world of options trading — AND in some cases, to get actionable trade ideas from the masters themselves. These 10 podcasts offer valuable insights and tips for traders of all levels, from beginners to experienced professionals. Let’s dive into our list of the top 10 options trading podcasts around.
Best Options Trading Podcasts in 2023
To be the best options trading podcast you need to offer three things:
- Actionable trade ideas. That means name the ticker, name the expiration, name the contracts and strategy — define the trade from top to bottom. This is the most important thing. “Put your money where your mouth is,” or in other words, “Tell us what you’re trading — we’ll copy you.”
- Market news. This doesn’t have to be in-depth, it doesn’t have to cover everything that happened in the market that day, but we want to know what happened that made you want to trade the way you did. Did an earnings event come? Is an earnings event about to come? Is there a key economy report coming up? Essentially, what’s the backdrop of the trade?
- Options education. Like the requirement above, this doesn’t need to take the listener down the deep rabbit hole that is options education. But it does need to talk about exactly how to execute the style of trading that the trade idea is referencing, why that particular strategy is the most favorable one for this strategy, how it wins, and how it loses.
With that in mind, there are three podcasts that do all three of these things on every single episode.
Rebel’s Edge — UOA, Long Calls & Puts
This podcast (which is also a live show found here) is hosted by brothers Jon Najarian and Pete Najarian, co-founders of Market Rebellion. Rebel’s Edge is reminiscent of ESPN’s Bleacher Report, offering users a fast-paced round-up of broad market news, stock-specific-snippets, two actionable unusual options activity trade ideas during market hours (typically in the form of shorter-dated long calls and long puts), and a sports brief — all delivered in under 30 minutes by two of the first traders to ever pioneer the institutional order flow strategy.
The value in Rebel’s Edge really lies in the high-energy, topic-to-topic nature, and in the fact that listeners can rely on receiving two real-time institutional trade ideas every episode. The show runs live at this link Monday-Thursday at 1PM EST, and can be found on Spotify and Youtube.
Options Action — Vertical Spreads & Diagonal Spreads
This podcast (which is also a live weekly show on CNBC) is hosted by Melissa Lee, with a consistent panel featuring renowned CMT Carter Braxton Worth and professional options trader Mike Khouw. Like Rebel’s Edge, Options Action is roughly 30 minutes long, covers some broad market news, and provides three actionable options trade ideas.
The catch: These trades (and the podcast) air at 5:30PM EST on Friday. That means listeners get them a bit late, and as we all know, market conditions can change between Friday and Monday. Still, Options Action is a great listen for those who like technical analysis, and enjoy trades mostly focused around spreads — diagonal spreads and vertical spreads being the favorites. Options Action airs live at 5:30PM EST, and can be found on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Google Podcasts.
Level Up Your Trading
Get a custom-designed trading program tailored to your individual needs, skill level, and schedule.
Option Trades Today — Ratio Spreads, Margined Option Trades
This podcast, hosted by TastyTrade’s Tony “The Bat” Battista, is the shortest-length podcast on this list by far, and it’s our third pick for the best options trading podcasts in 2023. The formula for the podcast is as simple and concise as the title — 1-to-2 trade ideas delivered immediately with a quick explanation of the trade thesis, as well as a clear depiction of how the trade works, and how much Tony “The Bat” got filled for.
This podcast takes third place because it often advocates a style of trading that requires a very high amount of capital and options-trading-know-how. Frequent listeners will notice a common theme of ratio spreads, risk reversals, and even some infinite-risk strategies. Still, Tony knows what he’s doing, and TastyTrade’s “Option Trades Today” deserves a spot on the list of best options trading podcasts of 2023. Option Trades Today airs frequently and can be found on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Google Podcasts.
Let us show you how to find Unusual Options Activity
Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about Unusual Options Activity—in one convenient insider’s guide.
5 Honorable Mentions: Active Options Trading Podcasts in 2023
Already listened through the top options trading casts and still want more? These five options trading podcasts are still active in 2023, and provide a mix of market outlooks, options trades, options education, options strategy, and even industry interviews.
- “Options Insider Radio Network” – This podcast is hosted by Mark Longo, the founder of The Options Insider Media Group. The show covers a wide range of options trading topics, including strategies, market analysis, and interviews with industry experts. The podcast is available on various platforms such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Google Podcasts.
- “Options Playbook Radio” – This podcast is hosted by Brian Overby, a senior options analyst at TradeKing. The show focuses on providing actionable options trading strategies and tips for traders of all levels. The podcast is available on various platforms such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Google Podcasts.
- “Option Block” – Hosted by Mark Sebastian and Anthony Panaccione, the Option Block podcast is a weekly show that covers options trading from a variety of angles. They discuss topics such as volatility, options strategies, and market analysis. The podcast is available on various platforms such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Google Podcasts.
- “Options Tribe” – Hosted by Mark Minervini, a successful trader, and author of “Think and Trade Like a Champion”, the Options Tribe podcast is a great resource for traders looking to gain an edge in the options market. The show covers a wide range of options trading topics and strategies, and is available on various platforms such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Google Podcasts.
- “Real Vision” – This podcast is a great resource for traders looking to learn more about macroeconomic trends and their impact on the options market. The show features interviews with industry experts and market analysts, and is available on various platforms such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Google Podcasts.
The Bottom Line — You Are What You Consume
If you eat like garbage, you’re going to feel like garbage. If your only source of options trading news is FinTwit, you’re going to trade like a twit. You don’t want that. Take your cues from the professionals. The traders who are willing to put their reputation on the chopping block week after week, day after day, to put out actionable trade ideas. Consuming great content from the trading greats will help you to trade smarter.
Can’t get enough free options trading content? Check out AJ Monte’s Weekly Market Report. Watch Market Rebellion’s Senior Chartered Market Technician AJ Monte take users through the action, candle-by-candle, giving his famous takes on where the market’s heading next according to the indicators, the charts, and his decades of experience.
Or, if you’re serious about options trading, take it to the next level.
AJ’s Options Essential offers multiple trade ideas like the ones provided above — with video explanations every week. AJ will tell you exactly how much he’s risking, what option he’s buying, what signals he’s seeing, and he’ll walk you through it step-by-step. These aren’t long videos — these are 3-6 minute videos, provided on a regular basis, featuring only the most important details. Interested in trying it out? Visit this link.