Last Updated: April 7, 2021
QUICK GUIDE TO CONTENTS
1. WHO WE ARE
2. COLLECTED INFORMATION
3. USE OF INFORMATION
4. SHARING OF INFORMATION
5. DATA RETENTION
6. YOUR DATA RIGHTS AND CHOICES
7. INFORMATION PROTECTION
8. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
9. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
10. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS TO U.S.
13. CONTACT US
Market Rebellion is an online resource for investment and market education and strategies.
For residents from the European Economic Area (EEA), Market Rebellion is the data controller responsible for your personal data.
A. Information You Provide to Us
When you use the Services, we may ask you to provide certain personal information. For example, we collect information from you when you register with Market Rebellion to create an account, purchase products or services, request customer support, fill out a form to have us contact you, or otherwise communicate with us.
When ordering or registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, phone number, email address, mailing address and/or other personal information. You do not have to provide this information to browse the site without making a purchase or creating an account.
Information You Provide When You Make a Purchase. If you make a purchase from us, you will be required to provide a credit/debit card number and related financial information (such as CVV, expiration date, and billing address), or other payment information (such as via PayPal or Apple Pay), depending on the form of payment you choose.
Information You Provide When You Participate in an Online Survey or Other Research. We may also collect information you provide to us in connection with participating in an online survey or as a research panel participant. This may include, but may not be limited to, information about your shopping habits, lifestyle preferences, interests and hobbies, health, physical or behavioral characteristics, or other demographic information, as well as photos, videos, and other user-generated content.
Information You Provide Through Social Media. You may also be given the option to link to your Facebook or other social media accounts through the Services. When you do, we may automatically receive certain information from you based upon your privacy settings on those sites. This may include, but may not be limited to, name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, location, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity.
B. Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you visit or interact with the Services, we may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about your online activity. This information may be collected in the following ways:
For example, we may automatically or passively collect certain information from you, including your browser type, mobile device manufacturer, mobile carrier, phone number, operating system, activations, content, products or services you purchase or access, the page served and the preceding page views or websites visited, any mobile device activity and configurations, and email client. We may also automatically collect information about your use of the Services, including the date and time you visit the Services, use or click through to any of the Services, the areas or pages of the Services that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Services, the number of times you return to the Services, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Services, and other sites that you may visit.
There are generally three categories of cookies used on our Services:
- Functional: These cookies are required for our Services to function, so you cannot adjust them. These include cookies that help our Services remember you as you explore our Services within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Services’ functionality by tracking usage. In some cases, these cookies may help us respond to your requests more quickly and allow us to remember your site preferences. Refusing these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
- Social Media: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Sites through social media. Refusing these cookies may prevent you from being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
For more information about your options regarding cookies, see the “Your Data Rights and Choices” section below.
Device Information. We may automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the Services, including the hardware model and mobile network information. We may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, provide the Services, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page, email and mobile application movements/activities, and help identify or gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Geolocation Information: We may collect information about the location of your Device when you access or use the Services. In addition, if you choose to turn on your Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or other geolocation functionality when you use our mobile applications, we may collect and use your geolocation information.
C. Information Received from Other Third Parties
We may obtain information about you from other trusted third party sources to update or supplement the information that you provide or that we collect automatically.
Third Party Service Providers: We may use third party service providers to support our Services. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, Flash cookies, or HTML5 cookies to receive, collect, and store information.
Combination of Information
We will have a lawful basis for processing your data if:
- we need to process your information in order to provide you with the products or service you have requested or to enter into a contract;
- you have consented to such processing;
- we have a legitimate interest for processing your data – e.g., for fraud prevention; direct marketing; network and information systems security; data analytics; enhancing modifying or improving our services; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns; and advertising personalization of the service using data to make it easier and faster for you to place orders; and/or
- we are legally obliged to process it.
We may use any and all information that we collect from you for the following customer service and transaction purposes:
- To provide the requested Services to you.
- To manage your account.
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To diagnose problems with our servers or our Services.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions, such as purchases and subscriptions.
- To use and disclose your credit, debit or payment card or other financial information only to process payments and prevent fraud.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- To develop new products or services and to enhance current products and services.
- To send periodic emails about Services updates, your orders, or your subscription.
- To protect the security or integrity of our Services and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities.
We may use your information for the following commercial purposes:
- To send you marketing and promotional emails.
- To target prospective customers with our Services (such targeting is only performed with your permission where your consent is required by applicable law).
We may also use information you provide to us for other purposes as disclosed at the time you provide your personal information or otherwise with your consent.
We may share your information as follows. You may also choose to share your information as described below.
A. Information You Share
When you share information, for example, when you fill out a survey, request more information, or leave a review about our Services, that information may be visible to other Services users. Please be careful when sharing information while using the Services.
B. Information We Share
We may share the information collected from or about you for the following business purposes:
With Our Affiliates. We may share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliated companies for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes.
Third Party Service Providers. We may share your information with third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions on our behalf. This includes, but may not be limited to, service providers that host or operate the Services; process payment; analyze data; provide customer service; provide postal or delivery services, and administer or participate in any promotions.
Business Transfers. In the event that another entity acquires us or all or substantially all of our assets, or assets related to the Services, your information may be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties. Finally, information described in this paragraph may also be disclosed for due diligence purposes in connection with any proposed transaction of the sorts described in this paragraph.
Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information. We may also share aggregate or anonymous (de-identified) information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses. Such information does not contain personal information.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services; and after that, we will keep the personal information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to your account.
We retain the identifiable data we collect directly for targeting purposes (e.g., email marketing) for as little time as possible, after which we employ measures to permanently delete it or, in some cases, anonymize or de-identify the data. We will periodically review the personal information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymize it, when there is no longer a legal, business, or consumer need for it to be retained.
Account Information. When you access your account on the Services, you have the option to change certain information about yourself, such as your billing or shipping address, and telephone number.
Email. If you consented to receive direct marketing from Market Rebellion, we provide you with the opportunity to opt out of our marketing communications or change your preferences by following a link in the footer of all non-transactional email messages from us or by emailing us at [email protected]. Some communications from us are considered transactional or service communications (for example, account notifications and billing information). To ensure you have accurate information about your account and purchases, you do not have the option to unsubscribe from these messages.
Our system may not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers.
GDPR Rights. We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access and rights to the Personal Data that you may have provided through your use of the Services. If you live in the European Economic Area (EEA), and wish to access, amend, delete, or transfer any Personal Data we hold about you, you may contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section.
You may update, correct, or delete your Account information and preferences at any time by accessing your Account settings page on the Services. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
You may decline to share certain personal data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service.
At any time, you may object to the processing of your Personal Data, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you believe your right to privacy granted by applicable data protection laws has been infringed upon, please contact us at [email protected].
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities.
California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, you have the right to request the following:
- Access: Up to two times per year, you can request that we disclose to you (1) the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected from you; (2) the sources of that personal information; (3) the business or commercial purpose for that collection; (4) the categories of personal information we have disclosed for a commercial purpose; and (5) the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information.
- Deletion: You may also request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from or about you. There may be instances where we will not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if we need the personal information to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, for our internal purposes, or to comply with a legal obligation.
Market Rebellion does not sell personal information of any individual, including children under the age of 16.
To take advantage of either of these rights, please contact us at [email protected] or 1 (888) 982-8342. We will not be able to respond to your request without verifying your identity. In order to verify your identity, we will contact you via email.
- We collect the following categories of personal information: identifiers/contact information, commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, visual and audio information, and inferences drawn from the above.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business or commercial purpose: identifiers/contact information, commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, visual and audio information, and inferences drawn from the above.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. We take reasonable steps to protect the information provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be fully secure or error free.
The Services may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate. This includes links from service providers, fulfillment companies, advertisers, sponsors, or other business partners. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Our web site is not designed to appeal to children under the age of 16. Market Rebellion does not knowingly solicit any information from children nor do we knowingly market or otherwise target the Services to children. If you are under the age of 16, please do not attempt to use or register on our website.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our Services, you consent to this transfer.
Upon registration to a Conference, your details such as name, surname, institution, country and email address, but also any other details the Participant might submit will be collected to prepare a participant list for the benefit of all Participants. These details may also be available to parties directly related to the events including the venues and accommodation providers. We may use, store, and collect this information for the purposes related to the performance of our obligations under these terms and conditions.
We may use this information to inform you of updates or future conferences via email.
During a Conference we or our representatives may photograph and/or film you. We may use photographs and/or videos bearing your image in any format type for posting on the Conference website, our website, as well as other marketing platforms.
By registering for a Conference, you consent to us using your personal information, including photographs and/or videos bearing your image, for our commercial purposes.
By submitting the registration you consent for us to store the following types of data as a profile for internal purposes:
- Mandatory and voluntary data collected when making a booking for a Conference.
- Voluntary disclosures when participating in online surveys.
- If you have opted-in to receive email communication about related events, you give consent for us to analyze and use the data for the purpose of targeted advertising communications to you.
- Data collected from any connected social media for which you have provided to us.
- You give consent for your data to be updated and supplemented with additional data.
- You give your consent for us to collect data relating to you personally from public domain sources and to store these along with your personal data that are already received by us.
- You give your consent for us to analyze this newly collected data and to use the same for the purpose of targeted advertising communications to you.
- We have free lifetime use of any image or video content created by attendees at a Conference.
Market Rebellion, LLC
8201 Peters Road
Plantation, FL 33324
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1 (888) 982-8342